For decades I’ve split my work – which hid the wide range of skills I’ve acquired over the years. While I am grateful it has brought me to where I am today, it is time to re-merge with a new perspective.
I’ve been privileged to have had the opportunities to expand my knowledge into a wide variety of industries. Working with and networking with people from all walks of life. Always taking the time to learn what I ‘didn’t know’ and using that to study and implement any new skill I was up against. I’ve never turned down a good opportunity for growth.
From working with financial institutions (marketing 4 years) across Canada, teaching at college level in New Brunswick (2 years), to acting and creating monsters for haunted attractions and running an online store of custom artwork – I have now moved forth into tattooing, a dream I’ve carried since my teen years. Practicing living my truth.
Conjure your craft | Art & Intuition
As a digital witch, I create a lot of my work from nothing but an idea and a program. Bringing the unseen into existence, calling out the idea that’s lurking the in-between.
I try to keep my creative art lingering somewhere on the cusp of darkness and light, pushing the threshold between what some see as grotesque, and others find beautiful.
My design work is clear and conscious – designed with purpose, delivering a consistent message across all mediums. Your businesses outward image is important, and the visual appeal does not have to suffer in favor for usability or functionality regardless of industry.
Tattoos & Illustration: @reddahlia.illustrator
The Red Dahlia
Everything I create has a meaning and a purpose. Why shouldn’t my brand reflect that and my adaptability?
Having a background in floral design – I chose my favorite eye-catching, intricate flower as a representation for my business. The Dahlia flower is one of the only flowers to have as many as 23 natural color variations (and thousands of human-altered variations) developed in order to compete with other foliage for pollination due to not having a scent.
Acting as the ‘billboard’ of the flower world, it sports a unique radiant beauty and depth that other flowers can not be compared and yet still elegant and distinguished.
Since the Victorian era, flowers have been given – and still are – to portray and deliver subliminal messages – to represent an idea or a feeling.
The color red is the color of life, change, growth and passion – and is one of the highest vibrating colors in the spectrum.
Having relocated back to Moncton, NB from Calgary – Tattooing out of Scarlet Ink Studio in Riverview, NB
– 13+ years of experience in the graphic design industry working directly with Credit Unions and small businesses (ongoing)
– Entrepreneur – Red Dahlia – since 2016.
– Tattooing since 2018 – @reddahlia.illustrator
– 11+ in traditional & digital illustration
– 2 years teaching digital paint/Photoshop at college level
– 3 years working with award-winning haunted attraction – Zombie Manor, 15+ volunteers, SFX makeup, marketing/merch design, prop creation and acting – I continue to support Canadian haunts.
– 2 Years of assisting Haunted Calgary with dark advertising
– Displate (metal posters) & Inkbox artist ( temporary tattoos)
– 5 years floral design in a professional setting – 1 year management.
– Consignment artist/rep for Primal Contact Lenses
– Published poet, creative writer – currently creating a coloring book.
– Graphic design & digital media diploma
– 1 Year fine art & classical animation
– CBDC Business course
– Well versed in WordPress and in-browser website dev
– Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat
– Customer service oriented and experienced in HR
– UX/UI and quality assurance
Aside from design and what you find on this website – I dabble in video, character design, photography & modeling, creative writing and poetry.